[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Kogelvis forum • Toon onderwerp - Puffers and More Puffers

Puffers and More Puffers

Share photos and video's of your pufferfish and tanks

Puffers and More Puffers

Berichtdoor Yunachin » 02 okt 2008 22:45

Here is my beloved Takifugu Ocellatus. I am currently studying their lifespan and care in captivity and I am hoping to put an article out to aid the hobbyists on their care.
Afbeelding

This is one of my Green Spotted Puffers called Middle. He now lives in full marine and is quite happy.
Afbeelding

This is my Fahaka, Kaiser. He has grown considerably since I first got him. He is stalking a crayfish meal.
Afbeelding

This is Honey Drop a nigropunctatus yellow-gray variation. He is quite the hefty fellow.
Afbeelding

Here is Little the Green Spotted Puffer. He is also in full marine with his pal Middle.
Afbeelding

Here is a Burr Puffer I had this summer. Alas he was so ridden with internal parasites I could not bring him back to complete health and he passed.
Afbeelding

This is Sugar Puff the little teeny Porucpine Puffer. He is not even 3 inches long.
Afbeelding

My Congo Puffer. He is also a baby and I rarely see much of him as he lurks in his sand looking for food.
Afbeelding

Mr. Solandri and Middle
Afbeelding

Our C. eplimaprus
Afbeelding

Hope you all enjoy!
-Chin
E.Ridgeway
Yunachin
T. biocellatus
T. biocellatus

Re: Puffers and More Puffers

Berichtdoor Frieda » 03 okt 2008 07:00

Very nice puffers!!
I see you keep saltwaterpuffers together with GSP's thats all going well?? It looks great
Frieda
T. mbu
T. mbu

Berichtdoor stefan.T » 03 okt 2008 07:04

wooow what al lot of puffers :O
hhhhhmmmmmmm
stefan.T
M. palembangensis
M. palembangensis

Berichtdoor bauk » 03 okt 2008 07:40

Very nice! Some beautiful puffers you have Eileen! And little Sugar...how sweet!! :Lovee1
bauk
T. mbu
T. mbu

Berichtdoor Lode » 03 okt 2008 07:58

Great pictures!

How long have you had the Ocellatus? Would be great if you could keep them alive. The longest I heard of is a couple of months.

I am also amazed that the GSP and the Solandri live together happy (sounds like an opportunity :) ).

Oh and I'm in love with the little Porcupine :D
Mmmmmmmmmmm-boeeeeeeeee
Lode
Beheerder
Beheerder

Berichtdoor stefan.T » 03 okt 2008 09:28

do you have also complete shot's of the tanks.
hhhhhmmmmmmm
stefan.T
M. palembangensis
M. palembangensis

Berichtdoor cooldown77 » 03 okt 2008 10:38

Wow really great fish...
Do you keep the solandri and the eplimaprus in the same tank?
....and is the litlle gsp really stil little ....or is it a bigger puffer...?
cooldown77
M. palembangensis
M. palembangensis

Berichtdoor Essie » 03 okt 2008 13:39

I just love your puffers!! :D How big (or small) are Litte and Middle? And on what size did you put them in your marine tank? Can you also make some pics of your tanks, and make a list of puffers that live in it together? I'm so curious! ;)
100L Zeewater - CocoNuts, Canthigaster solandri
30L Zoetwater nano - Smurf, dwergje
Essie
T. mbu
T. mbu

Berichtdoor Yunachin » 03 okt 2008 18:45

@Piewy----Yes, they do get along quite well. I have been lucky to have no aggression between them at all. The Green Spots have always been together though and the Solandri just does not seem to care about any of them. :)

@Lode----I have kept the Ocellatus for over a year now. He is in a sub-tropical tank with low lighting. So far so good with this discovery. I am going to get together with Marco and get an article out soon about it. I really think the sub-tropic temperatures are the break though that they need to survive.

@Cooldown----No, the Solandri and the Epilamprus are in different tanks. The Green Spots are almost 3 inches long each. Not quite the 6 inch adult.

@Essie----I have had the Green Spots in full marine for about 8 months now. In my experience so far, they have fared better than they did in high brackish, but others have had different results.

Thanks all for the compliments everyone. I will definitely get some full tank shots up and get the lists of all the puffers for you all soon. :D
E.Ridgeway
Yunachin
T. biocellatus
T. biocellatus

Berichtdoor Lode » 06 okt 2008 08:13

Sounds great :)

We're trying to make a forum calender for next year. The calender will be made by the forum members. Any chance you have some high resolution photo's of your puffers to add to the calender?
Mmmmmmmmmmm-boeeeeeeeee
Lode
Beheerder
Beheerder

Volgende

Keer terug naar Photo & Video Discussion